We are what we eat. From womb to tomb, our health, well being and longevity are largely determined by what we eat. Good health for all its citizens is a goal of every country. Food and Nutrition are essential for maintaining good health and to prevent disease. The topic of Food, Nutrition and Health has been gaining importance and there has been a flux of information available on print and web media.
The certificate course on Nutrition, Therapeutics and Health deals with the introduction to nutrition which includes the relationship between food, nutrition and health, digestion, absorption and utilization of nutrients and the recommended dietary allowances. It deals with the role of different nutrients, their food sources, requirements and deficiencies which will help in recognizing the deficiency of nutrients in the diet and help in corrections.
Who should attend Nutrition, Therapeutics and Health course?
Being a basic course this should be of interest to everyone, therefore anyone can register for the course. This could be of special interest to:
- Paramedical professionals
- Counselors, Coaches
- Health professionals
- Students of health sciences and social sciences
- Civil society organizations engaged in fighting endemic and hidden hunger
- General public
Course contents and topics
|Relationship between Food, Nutrition and
|Meal Planning and Food Sanitation and
|Recommended Dietary Allowances||Principles of Therapeutic Nutrition|
|Digestion, Absorption and Utilization of
|Therapeutic Adaptation of Normal Diet|
|Importance of Various Nutrients||Dietary Guidelines for Various Disorders|
At the end of the course, a participant should know about
- Importance of Nutrition and its relation to health
- Requirements of nutrients for various age groups
- Various nutrients , their role in the body, food sources, effects of deficiency
- Importance of hygiene and sanitation
- Modification of diets during illness
- Link the importance of nutrition to health